Saturday 18 October 2014

Governor Obiano visits GUS Aguleri jungle, promises to crown winners


obiano-gusThe Executive Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency, Chief Willie  Obiano, on Friday, October 10, paid a surprise visit to the  contestants of Gulder Ultimate Search 11.

The governor was taken round  specific areas of the Aguleri jungle by Chidi Mokeme, the Anchor man  of Gulder Ultimate Search 11.
The governor saw the different task areas where the contestants  engaged in various gruelling challenges.
He was then taken to their  base camp where he met the Gulder Ultimate Search 11 warriors. The governor’s “Wee!” chant was met with an electrifying “Wah!”  response from all Gulder Ultimate Search contestants.
After taking a  glimpse at their jungle abode, he sought to know if the contestants  built their shelters themselves, and they confirmed that they did.
He also asked them how they coped when it rained and the contestants  replied that they are accustomed to the sometimes harsh conditions of  the jungle. He wished them well and pledged to be available to crown  the Ultimate Champion on Saturday, November 1.
The governor was particularly fascinated by the Place Of The Talking  Drum; where the nchor sits to discuss various issues with the  contestants.
He said: “I’ve just been taken round the jungle and I saw the living  arrangements, what they have to pass through to be able to discover  the treasure. It was a very exciting sight for me. It reminds me of my  Boys Scout days. I even shared some chants that we used to do during  my Boys Scout days with the contestants. I will see how I can borrow some
ideas here and perhaps implement it for the Anambra Youths; once in a  while, we might consider them to have a feel of the jungle.

No comments:

Post a Comment