Friday 26 September 2014

See what spider can cause when bitten




A student spent was hospitalised after being bitten by a spider during her first week at university - though she thought at first she was suffering a spot of 'Freshers' Flu'. 
Bronwyn Gray, 18, woke up with a small spot on her right arm after one of her first nights in her new halls of residence.

She then developed a cough and at first thought she had picked up a bout of flu - but the spot started growing.
Angry red lines started spreading from it and Ms Gray went to a chemist who gave her antiseptic.
After a week she went home to recuperate but her condition got worse and she was taken to hospital.
Ms Gray, a student at Edinburgh Napier University, was kept in overnight and told to return for several more check-ups to make sure the venom had not spread.
She told The Tab student website: 'I had a wee spot on my arm and then it started growing and then lines started coming out of it.
'I went to the chemist and they gave me an antiseptic, but I ended in hospital after a week.
'Then they told me it was a spider bite. I was really freaked out. I thought it was just freshers' flu - I had a cough, but apart from that I was fine.'


No comments:

Post a Comment